Street racing-is a form of unsanctioned and illegal motor-racing which takes place on public roads.
The following are some of the penalties you can face if you street race:
- Be arrested and have your vehicle impounded for 30 days.
- Be imprisoned for up to three months if convicted of street racing, or aiding or abetting a street race.
- Be fined for up to $1,000.
- Have your driver license revoked.
- Have your vehicle’s insurance canceled or premiums dramatically increased.
- Have equipment violations issued.
NOTE: Spectators are also subject to the same penalties.