How to Write a Letter of Reference
Thank you for writing a Letter of Reference on behalf of ______________________ .
When Writing a letter of reference, please address the following 3 subjects in your own words:
1. Who I am? (e.g. Doctor, Teacher, Mother, Garbage Truck Driver, etc.)
2. How I know the Individual in question? (e.g. are you a Parent, Sibling, Friend, Co-Worker, attend same church, etc.)
3. Although I know the individual in question is in trouble (or has been in the past) he/she is a great person because…
Please remember to:
1. Date your letter
2. Provide your contact information for the recipient
3. If you do not know who to address the letter to, you may write “To Whom it May Concern”.
4. Sign your letter
Please give your completed Letter of Reference to the individual in question, so that he/she may forward it to our office as soon as possible.